Graduation Requirements for the Master of Science Degree in Computer Science:
To graduate with an MS in computer science, students must successfully complete all requirements for the master’s degree:
• 40 credits of computer science courses at the 400 level or above (includes 4 credits of CS 401 MPP)
• At least one of the following courses must be completed with a grade of “B-” or better allowed as long all other points are met:
o CS 435 Algorithms
o CS 505 Advanced Programming Languages
• At least one systems or analysis course (DBMS, Security, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Parallel Programming, Compilers, Software Testing, Big Data Analytics, Systems Analysis, Project Management & Mobile Device Programming.)
• At least 20 credits applied to the MS degree must be at the 500-level (8 units of CPT count towards one 500 level course for 4 units)
• No more than one course can have a grade of C, C+, or C-
• The cumulative grade point average for Computer Science courses must be at least “B” (GPA of 3.0) or higher
Note: The Forest Academy requirement for this program is FOR 500 in the first semester plus one 2-week Forest Academy course for each semester enrolled on campus. In some cases, FOR 500 is broken into two 2-week parts, the first part taken at the beginning of the first semester, and the second part taken at the beginning of the second semester.
Graduation Requirements for Data Science Course Track.
To graduate with an MS in computer science in Data Science Track.
The following courses must be completed:
o CS 522 Big Data
o CS 523 Big Data Technology
o CS 582 Machine Learning
5xx one of MWA / WAA / EA / ASD and so on
575 practicums (8 units of CPT count towards one 500 level course for 4 units)
4xx DBMS, ALG, WAP, Big Data Analytics
RED: Core courses. Everyone must take
BLUE: Supporting courses. Everyone must take or get a waiver.